For more than 25 years, MedLinks volunteers have worked hard to promote health and wellness at MIT.
Here are some resources that may be helpful to you or your friends as we continue to address COVID-19 and its impact on our community.
- MIT Medical has temporarily shifted to providing essential services only. Generally, all well visits and elective appointments have been cancelled. This reduces the number of people entering and exiting E23 and frees up clinic time to be focused on addressing the current public health emergency. For the time being, Urgent Care will be open from 8am-5pm seven days a week, and Radiology, Pharmacy and Laboratory will be open the same hours. Patients must call ahead to schedule a time to be seen.
- Student Mental Health & Counseling Services will be available for same-day telephonic visits only (no walk-ins). Call 617-253-2916 to schedule an appointment.
- MIT Medical’s website is being consistently updated with the newest information. They recently published a How-To Guide about social distancing and self-quarantine etc.: https://medical.mit.edu/howto/
And some additional options that might be useful:
- MIT@2:50 provides a 10-minute period of quiet reflection every day at 2:50pm EDT (18:50 UTC). This event takes place over the Zoom platform – you will need to download the program on your computer or the app on a mobile device. Learn more at https://at250.mit.edu/
- Online meditation sessions from Cambridge Health Alliance’s Center for Mindfulness and Compassion can be found at https://www.chacmc.org/meditation-dropins.
- 253-CALM (617-253-2256) is still available to call from around the globe!
- Thanks to DAPER, MIT community members have free access to the Wellbeats fitness app until the end of April 2020. Wellbeats is an on-demand virtual fitness platform with hundreds of classes available. You can learn more about Wellbeats as well as access the invitation code by visiting https://www.mitrecsports.com/assets/WellBeats-Access.pdf
- Student Mental Health & Counseling is hosting a virtual confidential support group entitled Managing Stress around COVID-19. There are sessions on Monday mornings and Thursday evenings. To learn more and enroll, visit https://sites.google.com/ihopenetwork.com/coronavirus-workshop.
- Members of the LGBTQ+ community are invited to connect via Discord -- send a message to get the invitation code.
If you know of additional resources, please email Greg Baker, who will update this page as appropriate.